Thursday, January 7, 2010

Resting

Last word that we received at 2:00 am was that Dad was finally resting peacefully, hopefully tomorrow they will move him to a private room and remove all of the junk that has been attached to him.  I don't know if he as few minutes, hours or days but I do know that he will be greatly missed and that is he greatly loved.  None of us know if we have minutes or days left either, but through all of this I have been over come with the love that our Heavenly Father has for each of us and with a desire to be a better man.  Dad always told me to "be where the Lord would have you be", he has always been the example of that.  Whether it was being with someone in need, at a church meeting that others might miss, or with family, Dad made time to be where he needed to be and where the Lord would have be.  With a man like Dad has your Father you never have to worry about what decisions to make because you can just ask yourself what would Dad do, and you can know without a doubt that is what the Savior would do.  Dad has showed me how to live and now I have to do everything in my power to follow his example.  I know that we will be able to be together again and I will strive everyday to be worthy of that reunion and blessing.  Love you Dad and Thank YOU!

Normally I would close something like, "Always and Forever, Dad's favorite child" but today I truly feel like we are all Dad's favorites.  There is one Perry unconscious quote of the day but it will be shared privately, so I thought I would  I will close with just the Perry quote of the day, "I love you and appreciate all that your doing."

Dave

1 comment:

  1. I can see dad clap/sliding his hands, like he's wiping off the dust, and saying "Let's call it a day." Thanks for your beautiful tribute.

    ReplyDelete