Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Quote that fits Dad to the T

A good friend of mine and Dad's sent this quote in response to a Facebook thread:
One freind posted

I attended funeral services for a giant of a man today. Reminded me of the counsel from Paul: “We look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal” (2 Cor. 4:18)


Response: Definitely a giant of a man, and a great example for all. Reminds me of President Hinckley's quote -

"I have discovered that life is not a series of great heroic acts. Life, at its best, is a matter of consistent goodness and decency, doing without fanfare that which needed to be done when it needed to be done. I have observed that it is not the geniuses that make the difference in this world. In fact, many of them are in jail for trying to find shortcuts to wealth and opportunity. I have observed that the work of the world is done largely by men and women of ordinary talent who have worked in an extraordinary manner."
-Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

...

No comments:

Post a Comment